Thursday, July 06, 2006

LTK Afghan Square Nine

LTK Afghan Square 9, Horizontal Chain

Sorry, didn't block it first. Didn't pin it down for a better picture. I am not doing blocking until I get all the squares done.

This is really an easy way to do color knitting. Carrying one color at a time. The fabric is not too stiff after all. Maybe I loosened the tension? Maybe. I really like Wannietta's idea of using this kind of fabric for pillows. One more to add on the to-knit list. :-)

I have 16 rows of Violets done on the shawl. Two more to go. No more pictures until I start knitting the River, and I can't wait to get to that. I hope it will go well.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is Kerry's first lace project. Yep! The very first. Beautiful scarf pattern from Heirloom Knitting. Fine lace yarn from Artisan Lace. You can see how fine the lace yarn is compared to the light fingering weight that he's using for lifeline. It is so lovely. I especially love the colors. Did I get the details right, Kerry? Please correct me if I am wrong. :-)

10 comments:

Agnes said...

No picture? Knit faster then, Jason, so that we can have beautiful pictures to see! hahaha ...
Kerry's lace scarf is lovely! The colourway is very interesting too.

Jason said...

LOL Agnes is cracking the whip! :-) I'm going to speed up a bit and finish the violets. There are going to be a lot of stitches for the River you know. :-)

Charles said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hi Jason, I like your story about the boy and rice field, we could all learn something from that.

Your Afghan square looks great, how many more to go?

Thanks for posting the photo of my lace, that lifeline has come in handy twice, once to undo 16 rows(!) and the second time only 10 :-) Yes, the details are correct Jason.

And yes, Charles, it does take a long time, even though it is only 61 stitches wide.

Elemmaciltur said...

Oh my goodness!!! First lace project??!!! I gave up frogging mine yesterday evening and just shredded it to pieces with a pair of scissors (now that I have a crocheted shawl for my mum).

Knit Picking said...

What beautiful lace! The colors are also fantastic. I have to do my first lace project.

Anonymous said...

Go Kerry go! It's beautiful!

Gotta love that yarn from Margaret Stove.

Crafty Andy said...

Very Nice lace work.

Jason said...

Hi everyone! Thanks for the comments! I'll keep this one short and let Kerry enter his own response if he has any. :-)

Kerry, 54 more squares to go. LOL But I have to get back to the "Violets" first.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jason for the space :) (54 squares to go!) and thanks to your readers for their comments. Ted, I saw a lot of Margaret Stove yarn at a Spinners & Weavers Guild open day I went to on Saturday, single colours as well as multidyed, they are beautiful yarns.