Friday, August 11, 2006

Catching Up

Last night's Stitch N' Pitch was a lot of fun! 560 of fiber loving people and their family and friends showed up. Each person got a free tote that's stuffed with gifts. Most contained two balls of yarn and a pair of needles. Good stuff. I didn't take a camera with me. So if you want to see some photos, you can visit Faith and Ellen.

Update, 8.14.2006, more S&P photos on A Mano's Blog. Don't forget to look in their sidebar for more.

I took with me a spindle, some fiber, a ball of Manos del Uruguay and US 11 needles, so I could choose to spin or knit. One look at the gigantic stadium I chickened out on spinning. We were sitting at the first row on the second tier. Right there on the edge where it was possible to drop stuff and have it fall all the way down to the first tier. I did not want to risk loosing my lovely spindle. No way! So I chose knitting. I had a printed copy of "My So Called Scarf" pattern.

I wanted to do this scarf long time ago but had forgotten all about it. Thank you, Dave, for reminding me. I had to knit this right away so I won't forget it again. With that decision made, I went to A Mano and picked up two balls of Manos, color 110. Speaking of the Manos, it involved a little bit of mystery. Gerald put me on a little treasure hunt. Long story short, he got me a gift certificate at A Mano, but pretended to be only a messenger. I did think that he was behind all this. But for him to be the person to tell me threw me off. LOL Good going, Jerry! I am sure that I also made him anxious. Being a low-key person, I waited a few days for someone to call me about this surprise. Alas, no one did. I then questioned Gerald about it many times. I am sure he just wanted to kick me then. :-) But he was good at keeping it to himself. LOL Anyway, I put that generous gift to good use as soon as I got it...

Three bundles of spinning fiber. About 4 oz each. Lovely colors and wonderful to add to a new spinner's stash! And, of course, the Manos. Oh, I love color 110! They knit up so nicely...

I know, not much done on the scarf. There was a lot of chatting, you know. Also, "My So Called Scarf" is not recommended for baseball games. At least not for me. It is quite easy, but it involves couple of tricks in the pattern. Some attention is required. :-)

Thank you for the very generous gift, Jerry! :-)

11 comments:

Dave said...

Jason, that's going to be absolutely gorgeous. Fantastic colours!!

aija said...

Wow, that's the best Manos colorway I've ever seen! (Really!!)

Ken said...

Jason, the scarf looks great! As do the colors involved. I actually tried the same scarf pattern a long time ago but ended up frogging it. I do really like the look of it though...may have to try it again soon!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had fun at SnP. The colours are great on your scarf. I found it an interesting pattern, I used two strands of the laceweight Uruguay hand-painted yarn and it made a firm fabric.

Anonymous said...

I think that will be a beautiful scarf. What's the fiber you got?

Lacefreak said...

Really beautiful colors and interesting pattern for a scarf. For SnP you need something more no-brainer so you won't have to rip it later. Will this scarf be for you or will you gift it? Would make a lovely Xmas gift for someone special!

sko_G knits said...

hey!! you beat me to it, i want to do that same scarf too. i am anxious to see how yours comes out in that great colourway!! i love it!

Jason said...

Thanks Dave! And Thanks for reminding me of that pattern. :-)

Thanks Aija! Coming from someone who has tons of yarn, that means a lot. hehehe

Thanks Ken! Why did you frog yours?

Thanks Kerry! Going to the ball game was fun, but I guess it wasn't because of the game. I think I spent less than 10 minutes watching it. LOL

Thanks Ted! The fiber is Colonial. I've heard the milti dark green spins up really beautiful.

Thanks Jane! I learned my lessons. I guess I am the kind that just like to concentrate on what I am doing and nothing else. The scarf will be for me. I own only one scarf at the moment. :-)

Thanks Chris! I am interested to see what colorway you pick for this scarf. Don't let us wait too long. :-)

Anonymous said...

I see you have posted your lovely blue & white Brioche hat on MWK, good to see it again ;-)

Carol said...

That's a really great colourway. Of course, it's really nice yarn too...And a neat pattern...I'd better stop now, I'm starting to babble!

Jason said...

Hi Kerry, yes, I decided to put some project photos and pattern information up on the site. Nothing new. :-)

Thanks Carol! And you can babble as much as you want! :-)