Friday, February 24, 2006

Entrelac Tote - before felting


This is knitted with a pattern I got on KnitPicks, Felted Entrelac Tote. I still need to finish two 10-stitch i-cord straps before I can throw them in the washer for felting. It's taking a while to do the i-cords. Maybe it's just a bit boring.
It maybe just me, but the pattern seems to be missing some steps. Maybe it's for the more advanced knitters. I had to figure out how to continue knitting at a few places.

The yarn used is KnitPicks' Wool of the Andes. It feels a little (just a little) scratchy during knitting. But the knitted fabric is quite soft. I am sure it would soften up even more after blocking. Unfortunately I won't know with this project. It's going to be felted.


I can't wait to do the felting. This is a first for me. The bag is now at 15"x16". The finished size should be 9"x11". That's a lot of shrinkage!


Update to come!

No comments: