Saturday, March 18, 2006

Movie and Some Soul Food

We went to see Tsotsi, which won an Oscar for Best Foreign Film. It was pretty good. It wasn't fast paced with twists and turns. But the acting was really really great! Got a few tears out of me at the end. Had to wipe my face quickly before the lights came on. LOL

Went to Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles and got some soul food for lunch. It's probably not good for your health, but it is VERY GOOD! If you follow the link for the review on the restaurant, you will read about Big Mama. They are not kidding. Big Mama WILL tell you to keep your elbows off the table. I had the honor of being scolded once! But it was all fun. Big Mama really takes care of ya. If you visit L.A., you should get there and try some wickedly tasty fried chicken for yourself.

OK, I should get to my Toe Jazz. I haven't picked up the needles today and it's already after 4 PM. I'm beginning to feel that the Reversed Ace of Wands may be right after all.

1 comment:

City Wiccan said...

That's an interesting dining experience. Sounds very American! I was in New Orleans once and they laughed because I didn't know what grits was :) I'm still not entirely sure.